"You see, at just the right time, when we are still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly." ---Romans 5:6
As I go along the journey with the Father, I am realizing that He likes to enter the situations at just the right time. Last month I was looking forward to our first minister's retreat for ConnectionPoint with 10 couples in ministry together for a weekend of rest and refreshing in relationships with God and each other. God seems to have other plans. However, I am not discouraged about this situation. I know that God has placed this desire on my heart to reach out to those who are in vocational ministry (part/full time, paid/volunteer). This has not changed. The only thing that has changed is the timing of the first sabbatical retreat. It will most likely be next year; I will keep everyone updated on this as dates are solidified. In the meantime, there is a distinct possibility that the first event will instead be a wilderness adventure for the guys in ministry. This is now being planned for February 2006....details will follow in future blogs.
I say all of this to let you know where I have been for the last few months. Melissa and I are growing on a spiritual level that we have never visited before. Our house church is getting some direction and heading into a "deeper" place than its ever been before. I am finding that God's timing for me may include my house church family as my means of support to be able to do this ministry to ministers called ConnectionPoint. I had always looked at doing one or the other, when I am now leaning toward that I can't do one without the other. God is still on the throne~! Nothing ever "shocks" Him off the throne either. He never worries! It is all in His timing. I actually think I am learning to live at peace with not knowing exactly what's next, but simply trusting God who is in control of all things!
Father, I pray that you will help my unbelief. Help me to continue to desire the growth in my relationship with you. I pray for our house church family, that we will be more deliberate in our mission to Love God and Love others! Help us to love the unloveable and to touch the untouchables. Father, I pray for ConnectionPoint, that it will be all that you want it to be....help me not to settle for only what I want it to be! I thank you for the "fellowships of the heart" that you have placed in my life....please bless my ministry friends and family.
William Wallace said in the movie Braveheart, "All men die....but, few men truly live." Lord, I want to truly Live for you! Help me have the courage to die well! (Galatians 2:20)
Thank you, Father....for loving me!
Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment