Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Well, we are back from the wedding and all is well. One of the most "story-book" weddings that I have ever seen. I pray that Charles & Lauren will have a wonderful marriage, and I have no doubts that they will.
Melissa and I are at a real breakthrough point in our lives and God has been showing us some incredible stuff lately. Today I read in Oswald Chambers that, "So often we impair God's designed influence, which He desires to exhibit through us, because of our own conscious efforts to be consistent and useful." How true is that!?! Sometimes, we selfish humans like to KNOW that God is using us or at least that we are of some use to others, but isn't that the most selfish way of looking at ministry? The focus is all on us; not on God where it belongs. If our focus were on Him to begin with then we would be so unaware of ourselves, we wouldn't even think to ask, "Am I being of a great use to God?" This only happens when our real motive for helping and ministering to others is to be the "super-hero" type of minister. I don't recall any of the great biblical characters thinking of themselves in that way. Look at Moses, he was so scared of going to Pharaoh, that he begged God to send someone else. (Exodus 4) That doesn't sound like the superstar model that most ministers seem to want to follow today. Let's not allow the thought that we are being useful to God enter into our thinking. We are being useful if we are following Him and faithfully doing the last thing He told us to do until He offers futher direction. That is the hardest thing to do in the Christian walk.....TRUST GOD FULLY (Matt. 6:26-33) and "seek HIM first", then let all the other things come as they may.
Have a great day everyone! I will post more later.
Pray for us as we seek to trust Him more!

No comments: